James Tang was a student from the General Assembly. He is passionate about building voice apps for smart speakers. He has spoken about the latest trends for smart speakers at events organised by the General Assembly. Here is a link to his speaking profile.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY TRENDS EVENT
James was talking about the top 3 voice trends to watch out for in the future. Here is a copy of his
The top 3 trends he mentioned are the following:
1) 46% of voice search users search for a local business daily, with a further 28% searching once a week
2) Voice shopping in the UK to be worth £3.5bn by 2022
3) Half of all searches will be voice searches by 2020
VOICE COMMERCE: THE FUTURE OF SHOPPING EVENT
James was charing a panel discussion with some of the
leading industry experts in voice technologies to talk about the future of voice commerce.
James set up a meetup group called voice4good.
He was collaborating with MLH major league hacking to organise a workshop
teaching people how to build an Alexa skill.
INTERVIEWING INDUSTRY LEADERS
James was interviewing industry leaders who are doing some interesting work with voice technologies.
The interview was video recorded and transcripted to an article.
You can read about the interview he did with Kane Simms from VUX world on
SPEAKING AT AMAZON HO IN LONDON
James invited to speak about his new startup and his campaign on Voice 4 Good. The event organised by London Alexa meetup and hosted by Amazon HO in London.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
James has worked on two research and development projects using smart speakers.
1) Lift Guide directs people to the nearest station with access to a lift.
2) The other project is a voice app that informs the parents on general information about the school.
VOICE FIRST REVOLUTION STARTUP
James set up a startup called Voice First Revolution to improve the accessibility of services available to people living in London.